Having a Huawei cell phone in the United States became a less attractive proposal this weekend, when it became known thatfor your Android phones. The decision is not from Google itself, but the technology company is following a .
Currently, the Chinese company occupies the second position in the global smart phone market. However, without access to Google Play services and apps like Gmail, Huawei's impulse to become the world leader is going astray. Samsung, which ranks first in terms of mobile market share, has a lot to gain at the news of this weekend.
For its part, Google says that "services like Google Play and Google Play Protect security will continue to work on your existing Huawei phone." However, it is not clear what this means for future updates.
The ban clearly affects future sales, but for now it seems that nothing has changed for B&H Photo and Amazon. We have contacted both companies about their future plans for the sale of Huawei products in the United States and we will update this note when we get an answer.
Without the official support and compatibility of US phone operators and stores, you should keep some things in mind when buying a.
- The unlocked international version only works with GSM operators, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
- Because the phone is not optimized for networks in the US, you will not have some features such as Wi-Fi calls and some LTE bands, which can lead to poor reception when you are indoors.
- It is worth repeating that the P30 Pro does not work with Sprint or Verizon.
- Depending on where you buy the phone, it may not be covered by warranty.
- For now it is unclear for how long the P30 Pro will receive security updates or if it has access to Google Play services and apps.
B&H sells the 256GB version of the P30 Pro for US $ 899. It is available in three colors: black, crystal and aurora. It is covered by the limited warranty of one year of B&H Photo.
The only disadvantage of this is that B&H Photo has no unit in its inventory. You will have to sign up to receive a notification when you have more units. For now, the company is expected to receive more units in May.
If you don't want to wait for B&H to replenish your inventory, you can order the P30 Pro at Amazon right now. You will have to pay a little more and keep in mind that the phone is not covered by any type of warranty.
Amazon has a 128GB model in black for $ 979. It also has a 256GB model for US $ 988. In both cases it is made clear that the telephone does not include warranty.
Huawei P30 Pro: Analysis and camera test
Huawei P30 Pro
The Huawei P30 Pro is a cell phone with an efficient on-screen fingerprint reader and a 5X optical zoom and 10x hybrid zoom that offer outstanding results.
Read Our Analysis