Launching a new smart phone, even for a company as experienced as Apple, is not an easy task. It is common for the first versions to present problems, either with the device, the operating system or any other application. In fact, users of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, available since September 2019, have reported a variety of inconveniences. Fortunately, most of the problems of the iPhone 11 Pro and the other devices are not serious and there are solutions to solve them.
As the hardware and the iOS13 operating system were released almost simultaneously, it is more difficult to decipher the cause of the problem. Many problems have been reported with iOS 13, so Apple has released a series of updates. With any luck, these solutions have also helped to mitigate some problems of the iPhone 11 Pro and the rest of the teams that make up this family of Apple phones.
Problem: wireless charging
The problems with wireless charging are quite wide. Some users say that after placing some models of iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max in a Qi wireless charger, the phone recognizes it, but does not charge and can even get hot. In an Apple forum, an owner states that: ?The Pro Max is not wirelessly charged in 2 chargers. Both work well with my old XS Max. Try to turn off the optimized load, without results. It is only charged with the cable. ? Some users said this error appeared after installing some of the iOS 13 updates, which could be the cause.
Since it is not a user error, you cannot do much to avoid it. You should continue charging the phone by cable. Also, make sure you update the iPhone operating system with the latest versions, as Apple continues to issue solutions for several problems. Meanwhile, Apple suggests restarting / restarting shutdown, which helps some users solve the problem.
- Press and release the volume button up.
- Press and release the volume button down.
- Press and hold the power button and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
Activation problems are common when you try to turn on a phone for the first time, regardless of the model. The iPhone 11 has proven not to be an exception.
If you have trouble activating your new iPhone 11, make sure all systems are working and check the Apple system status page. If something is not green, expect all systems to be active and try again. If it still doesn't work, make sure the phone has a SIM card inserted. You can try changing the SIM card from your old phone to the new one. If you receive an "Without SIM" or "Invalid SIM" error message, Apple suggests the following steps:
- Make sure your data plan is operational.
- Update your phone to the latest version of iOS and restart.
- Go to Settings> General> About. If an update is available, see a message and you must select To update.
- Remove your SIM card from the slot and replace it. The tray must be closed securely. Only use the tray that comes with the current phone, as others may not fit properly.
- Try another SIM card. You can get one from your provider's retail store or ask them to try the phone with a different card. If necessary, replace your current SIM with a new one.
Problem: volume, audio and sound
If you consider that there are problems with any aspect of audio, there are several ways you can follow to solve them.
- Remove the SIM card from the phone and then replace it to solve the problem of a badly positioned card.
- Turn off Bluetooth to compare audio quality with or without it. If it improves, leave it for your calls.
- Make sure the microphone is clean and unobstructed.
- If the above steps do not improve the audio, delete the phone cache by restarting.
- Make a factory restoration in Settings> General> Reset. Before doing so, be sure to back up your data first.
There are multiple reports of several iPhone 11 units that overheat and on the effect of this situation on the battery life in the long term. Among the problems related to heat, we collected this comment: I received my iPhone 11 Pro on Friday and I noticed that my phone heats up while I use GPS on Saturday and then again on Monday. I took it to Apple on Monday night and they informed me that, as long as the phone does not turn off or the alert is too hot, then it is fine. I still think something is wrong and watch it. ?
There are some general tips for cooling a hot phone. If you consider that the phone always heats up too quickly, take it to your nearest Apple Store or contact the technical service.
- Remove the cover.
- Do not leave your phone in a car or exposed for long periods of time in hot climates.
- Games, especially AR games, can make the device warm.
- Place the phone in avin mode for a while. In the Control Center, tap the Avin icon to turn off all GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular signals. You can also individually disable location services, GPS or Bluetooth, anything you are not using.
- Wait to charge the device, as that can also heat your phone.
- Turn off the iPhone.
Problem: Bluetooth connection
Several iPhone 11 users have detected problems connecting their peripherals via Bluetooth. Those include pairing the device, connecting to the car or maintaining the connection after successful success. Some of the complaints collected indicated that ?I have connectivity problems in my car. It connects for 5 minutes or more and then disconnects and reconnects automatically. Is very annoying. I had no problems before with my iPhone 6 Plus. ?
Apple suggests several previous steps before contacting technical support. Be sure to update your operating system to the latest version.
- On the phone, go to Settings> Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is activated. If it is disabled and you cannot activate it, restart the device. Try connecting again.
- Make sure the accessory and the Bluetooth device are nearby.
- Turn off and turn on the Bluetooth accessory.
- Make sure the Bluetooth accessory is turned on and fully charged or connected to a power source. If you use batteries, try replacing them with new ones. If you could connect beforehand, disconnect the accessory and pair it again and connect it.
- If you can pair the accessory with other devices, but not with your phone, disconnect the accessory from all devices and try again.
- If none of the above steps work, contact Apple technical support or make an appointment with a Genius Bar.