GIFs have become very popular lately. The reason for their popularity is that they are smaller than videos, but they convey much more information than an aesthetic image. With a maximum duration of 3.5 seconds, a GIF is an infinite loop animation that stores multiple animation frames. You can easily obtain GIFs from the various popular websites online, but creating your own GIF and viewing it as a trend on the Internet is much more satisfying than downloading it. If you have a Mac, there are simple methods you can use to create GIFs on it. So, if there was a moment in your life where you were asking how to create GIFs in macOS, this is how you do it:
Create GIFs on Mac using third-party applications
While some of you may think you need exceptional Photoshop skills to create those magical GIFs. It is literally not that difficult. There are some great applications available on the Mac App Store that make it easy to create a GIF on your Mac. So let's see the best of them, okay?
GIF Brewery 3
This is an excellent application, as it allows you to create a GIF from anything, be it videos on your laptop or on the Internet.
1. To start creating a GIF, first download and install the application from the Mac App Store. Once the application is installed, run it. When the application starts, see what it offers several ways to create a GIF . You can create a GIF by importing a video or a link, recording your screen and recording from the built-in camera.
2. Most of us create the GIF importing a video or link, so let's do it. Click on the open video link and import an existing video on your Mac.
4. On the timeline, set start and end timers in the required time that contains the GIF material.
5. Click on the text field to add any text If you wish. Can also crop or resize video If you want or you can add stickers. Everything is available in the top toolbar. When finished, click create and then save your GIF.
The same process will be repeated for other methods as well. Click on the method with which you want to create GIF and follow the same process.
There is a problem with GIF Brewery 3. If you want to create a GIF by inserting a link, the application first downloads the video and then lets you convert it into GIF. This can be a big problem if the video you are watching is great, since it takes a long time to download it. This is where GIPHY Capture comes into play. The application places an overlay on your screen and register only the part you want to convert to GIF . To learn how to do it, we create a GIF from YouTube, but first download the application by visiting the App Store.
one. Open a browser and upload your video, then start the application. Adjust the application window to the size of the video player in the browser and click Record . Be sure to record a longer clip, so you can trim it later. Remember, when you start recording, everything will fade a bit compared to the recording window.
Professional advice: use the play and pause button on the keyboard while adjusting the size of the application window (F8).
3. Double click on the video clip to open the editing window. Minimize the recording window and edit your clip in the editing window. Here you can set the start and end point, decide the pixel size of the GIF, select the loop type and frame rate . Once you have finished editing, you can directly load the GIF into GIPHY or save it to your Mac.
Ready to make your own GIFs on Mac?
Creating GIFs is really easy and a fun exercise on your Mac. Try the applications mentioned on my MacBook Pro 2016 with macOS High Sierra and they all worked quite well. Therefore, even you can create GIFs on your MacBooks that may become viral on the Internet. So, everything ready to create GIFs in macOS? Well, share with us your best creations and if you have any questions or suggestions related to creating GIFs on Mac, write them in the comments sections.