The cell phone and smart phone market is increasingly packed with phones with good features that are beginning to reduce their price more and more, and the Honor 20 Pro is no exception. The new device of the Huawei sub-brand arrives with characteristics similar to those of the expensive, although with a lower price and some sacrifices in its development to achieve it.
The Honor 20 Pro comes at a time when most cell phones in the first half of the year are already on the market, and have to compete with a lot of them. The Huawei P30 Lite itself is attractive and economical, the P30 Pro is one of the best cell phones of the year, and theIt is still the most recommended if you have a tight budget and want good features, although the It's here – and it's more expensive than usual.
So … what must Honor 20 Pro have to be worthy of entering your pocket? This cell phone, by the way, does not come alone, there is also a cheaper version with lower features than we will tell you later.
But, before we begin, we tell you thatand services in the United States, which has led to what could affect the future update of the old and new phone of the company.
Specifications Honor 20 Pro
- Display: 6.26 inches, 2,340×1,080 pixels, 412ppp
- Processor: Kirin 980
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB
- Main camera: 48 megapixels f / 1.4; 16 megapixels wide angle f / 2.2; 8 megapixels f / 2.4 and 3x optical zoom; 2 megapixels f / 2.4 macro
- Front camera: 32 megapixels f / 2.0
- Battery: 4,000mAh, fast charge, no wireless charge
- Connectivity: 4G, Bluetooth 5.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, GPS; AGPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS
- It has no water resistance
Honor 20 Pro vs. Honor 20: The Differences
The Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro feel the same in your hand, but they have some important internal changes:
- The Honor 20 Pro has four more powerful main cameras that include a regular, a telephoto, a macro and a wide-angle lens, while the Honor 20 does not have a telephoto lens, only depth, and the main sensor has less aperture, in addition not It has optical zoom, among other details.
- The Honor 20 has less RAM by owning only 6GB and not 8GB as its older brother.
- The Honor 20 Pro has more storage, owning 256HB and not just 128GB as its younger brother.
- The battery of Honor 20 is 3,750mAh and its older brother's 4,000mAh.
- The Honor 20 Pro includes cooling technology to reduce heat and improve video game performance.
Honor 20 Pro design
The Honor 20 Pro has a dynamic and holographic design designed by the company, which it claims is the first in its style. Thus, the rear glass has been created by a process called 3D Mesh, which joins millions of miniature pieces similar to a diamond, to create a bright and light-colored backside.
The company explained that the cell phone is composed of at least three layers, which will give us some sense of relief on the back of the cell phone, something that we certainly noticed with the design of the.
In practice, the cell phone that comes in a green and a black tone, has a beautiful design, without any back relief. It feels slightly wider than the Huawei P30 Pro, and although both are made of glass, it gives a certain sensation to having a lower quality in the material. Something that I did not like is that their rear cameras stand out so much, and that the glass that covers them is not rounded.
On the front, the camera is in the upper left corner, and the cell phone has few visible edges surrounding the screen. In fact, it has 91.7 percent panel on its front, according to the company.
The cell phone does not have a port for headphones, it has infrared and the physical fingerprint sensor is located on the right side, which I found quite comfortable in the day.
Performance: Good even for video games
In my tests the Honor 20 Pro has had a good behavior on a regular basis. Something that I liked is that playing games of different titles the phone did not feel heavy at any time, nor did it overheat, something ideal because it means that its new cooling system that includes a graphene sheet as a technology to reduce heat is working correctly.
GPU Turbo 3.0, the Huawei and Honor system to improve the video game experience, now includes more video games, including Fortnite, PUBG Mobile, Vainglory, Arena of Valor Y NBA 2K18.
The Honor 20 Pro incorporates Android 9 and the Magic UI 2.1.0 interface, which being honest is very similar to Huawei's EMUI, with probably imperceptible changes between the two. The animations, the way to switch between screens and the system applications are basically identical, so the overall experience is very similar, and in this case, fluid.