The infamous Samsung Galaxy Note 7 began the trend of explosion of gadgets and will not stop in the short term. Now, there are reports of a Fitbit Flex 2 exploding in the user's hands, causing second degree burns.
Dina Mitchell, a Wisconsin resident, reported that her Fitbit Flex 2 caught fire on her arm while reading a book. In an e-mail statement to the source, Dina says: I was literally sitting and reading when my Fitbit exploded. I was flawed or really mad because I was sitting so long … I don't know. Either way, it burned my arm.
She ripped off the device when it caught fire, but some of the burned parts of the device melted on her skin, resulting in a second degree burn. This also resulted in pieces of rubber and plastic stuck in the wearer's skin, which doctors later withdrew.
As reported, his Fitbit Flex 2 had only a couple of weeks and has contacted Fitbit, which has offered a replacement device while investigating the problem. Fitbit has issued a statement: "We are very concerned about Mrs. Mitchell's report on her Flex 2 and we take it very seriously, since the health and safety of our clients is our top priority" .
While the reason for the explosion is unknown, the company sees this as a single incident and does not see no reason for people to stop using their Flex 2 . However, if you have a Fitbit Flex 2, we will suggest that you make sure that the device does not show unnecessary heating and, if it does, be better to talk to Fitbit and change the device.