Privacy and data usage scandals are becoming more recent than we would like. Companies out of nowhere, whether Chinese, Russian or North American program a few applications that become viral and the next day it is announced that they may make improper use of user information. This situation is dangerous and although it undoubtedly puts us at risk, it has also served to raise public awareness to protect their most sensitive information.
Normally an application asks you for the necessary permissions for its operation when installing it. Some messenger app will ask you to access your contacts and even the camera of your device and your photographs; An app such as a music player may request access to your audio files and microphone, etc. But nevertheless There are some applications that may ask you for other permissions just to have access to a type of information that can be marketed. Therefore it is also important to know how to control the access of our apps.
- Go to the settings menu
- Press Apps and notifications
- Touch App info. A list of all the applications installed on your smartphone appears
- Select the app you want to know about their permissions. In this menu the ones you gave to the app will appear, and you can modify them as you like
You can also modify them according to the permissions, and not accessing each app one by one:
- Go to the settings menu, go to Applications and notifications. It is almost the same as the previous one, but instead of going to Information of the apps go to Permissions of the applications
- You will see a list with all the permissions you have granted to your applications, and from that menu you can control them
As in Android you can control the permissions of the applications according to each of the apps installed on your smartphones or according to all the permissions.
To follow the first option go to the Settings and then to the Privacy option. On this screen, your iPhone will show you all the permissions you have given to your applications, from access to your microphone to access to your location.
To configure the permissions of each of the apps go to the Settings and go to the bottom of the menu. Ah you will find all the applications installed on your mobile and pressing each one you can see the information to which you have access.