This is really good news, because they are coming Updates goes OTA to our Nexus devices from the new version of Android 5.0 Lollipop. And for those who cannot wait for the OTA (which is already arriving in Spain), we will explain in ProAndroid, how to install it manually and work from now on our terminals.
So far they have only filtered out For some of the Nexus devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 WiFi (2012), Nexus 7 WiFi (2013), Nexus 9 and Nexus 10.
Manual installation of the OTA Android 5.0 Lollipop
* Requirements: Thave theAndroid SDK and the drivers of our Android device, we must have thebootloader unlockedY USB debugging enabledin development options. (I recommend having one backup copy for what it could happen)
- Download the file of our terminal (we have to take into account the version we currently have installed)
- Save the ZIP in the folderPlatform-toolsof the Android SDK
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time Volume up + Volume down + Power toenter bootloader.
- Come intorecovery modewith the help of the volume keys to change the option and the Power button to access.
- Select in the recovery mode,?Apply update from adb?.
- We execute a command window inside the folder where we have downloaded the OTA Zip. And write it instruction ?adb sideload ?next to the name of the update.
We can only restart our Nexus device and enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop before the update arrives via OTA.