After many months of controversies surrounding the Samsung Galaxy Fold Finally, it arrives at the shelves of shopping centers and the operators to start distribution in Spain.
It should be remembered that the presentation of the smartphone was at the Mobile World Congress this year. After sending some test units to the media began the headache for the Korean brand that had to remove the devices immediately before the breakage of the flexible screen.
Many months later (practically half a year), the one who presented himself as rival of the Huawei Mate X arrives in Spain through:
- El Corte Ingls (only in some stores).
The recommended retail price marked by Samsung itself has been 2,020 euros and be available from today in the Black and Silver colors.
A few weeks ago, we were informed that Samsung was going to put two versions of the Galaxy Fold for sale in Spain. One with 5G and another with 4G, at the moment we do not know if the availability announced today is of one or another version. Common specifications are as follows:
- Screen: Flexible 7.3-inch main panel and resolution 2152 x 1536 pixels + 4.6-inch Active screen and HD + resolution.
- Processor: of eight cores (to be determined).
- RAM: 12 GB
- Internal storage: 128 GB UFS 3.0.
- Rear camera: main 16 + 12 telephoto + 12 megapixel wide angle.
- Front camera: 10 + 8 megapixels
- Covered camera: 10 megapixels
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 5G (depending on version), GPS, GLONASS, WiFi, Bluetooth.
- Battery: 4,380 mAh version 4G / 4,235 mAh version 5G.
- Operating system: Android 9 Pie.
It remains to be known if Samsung is saving a second version of the Galaxy Fold for the next MWC or will allow a few months to pass the presentation of the relay. What is clear is that have taken the lead to a Huawei that does not go through its best moment either.
We will have to wait to try with our own hands the Samsung Galaxy Fold, but of course that is a breakthrough in the smartphone world that it can mean the beginning of a revolution.
Xiaomi shows its folding smartphone: official video of the first prototype