One of the main consequences of uncontrolled growth in the cloud is that companies are not paying enough attention to the big threats, becoming increasingly vulnerable to cyber attacks by thirsty criminals for stealing business data and valuable intellectual property.
A world of problems
Many of the applications found in the cloud are used by employees without being examined by organizations, that is, the IT area is often not aware of the number of downloads made and this may represent new security risks for users. companies Applications are beyond the physical control of the systems department, leaving the company vulnerable.
And the reality is that cybercriminals are arriving with increasingly advanced threats, some do not even require users to download a document or click on a malicious URL to put the organization at risk. These advanced attacks take advantage of the vulnerabilities that exist in web browsers or the poor coding techniques on their web pages, which allow cybercriminals to send malware to any user who browses these sites.
Mexico is a white country for cyber criminals because there is a high degree of ignorance and anticipation of a protected culture. According to data from the recent Symantec Titualdo Report: *2018 Shadow Data Report The average number of applications used by organizations in the cloud amounts to 1516, 40% more than what companies normally consider to have, which represents a risk to safeguard files stored in the cloud. * The Symantec Report refers to the adoption and use of SaaS applications without the supervision of the IT department.
Thinking of a Solution
As the cloud transforms ICTs, innumerable network challenges are created around security and data. Below we list the following recommendations:
- For a higher level of security that can quickly analyze the encryption that comes and goes from the internet there are firewalls Last generation, as well as secure web proxies, designed to inspect large-scale encrypted traffic. It is advisable to have them because they play a key role in the management of the cloud.
- It is important that the IT department can run tests before downloading any application to anticipate the presence of antivirus that identify the greatest number of threats and keep false positives to a minimum.
- It is a priority to maintain the same security and protection measures for both remote users and workers within the corporate. Consistent security and compliance policies should be reinforced for all users, regardless of their location or what device they are using.
- If your cloud security provider has correctly designed your network to work with applications such as Office 365, users will get better performance and high security levels.
- In order to comply with the information compliance and security requirements, it is important to establish a secure Internet Protocol (IP) as well as additional encryption protection, user access rights and establishing rules that govern who in the company are authorized to see those encrypted documents.
- Increase the capabilities of the Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) that will help identify which applications in the cloud employees use.
- Provide tools to manage access to applications in the cloud and thus close access to those that do not meet security standards
- Finally, scheduling the receipt of alerts is necessary when something suspicious occurs in any cloud account. For example, advanced cloud security tools for companies (CASB) can take advantage of user behavior analysis (UBA) to detect account behavior patterns that are indicative of compromised cloud application.
By 2030, the technologies that will drive significant changes in various sectors of the industry will be, among others, cloud computing Therefore, it is very important to add all types of companies to be ready for the next digital transformation. In Mexico, according to information from the company Symantec, the main challenges to achieve digitalization in business are: lack of digital vision and of a strategy; poor experience in the workforce; technological limitations (lack of the figure of a CISO) and limitations of time and money.
That is why while it is true that the business landscape evolves with the adoption of cloud computing and mobile technology, it is also true that business culture forms a strategic pillar to move forward. That is why companies today must be working harder to protect employees on a diverse set of devices, while at the same time protecting themselves against new cyber threats.
Then, go ahead and put everything in the cloud. Just secure your information please!
. symantec (t) news (t) technology (t) security (t) technology (t) hardware (t) pc (t) software