Apple yesterday launched beta 1 of iOS 13.2 with several outstanding news. As every year, the successive "X.Y" versions of a major update are incorporating some of the improvements and features announced in the past. With iOS 13 it could not happen otherwise and Apple is already beginning to comply with its roadmap announced both in the WWDC in June and in the presentation of the new iPhone last month. Let's see What is the news of iOS 13.2?.
What's new in iOS 13.2: Deep Fusion, Handoff for HomePod and privacy
Deep Fusion, the successor of the Smart HDR for the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, is not the only novelty of iOS 13.2. Taking into account that we are facing a beta and that, therefore, the incorporations of functions and changes may be postponed and even add new ones, iOS 13.2 brings many additional improvements (MacRumors goes):
- Announcing messages with Siri was one of the features removed at the last minute of the final version of iOS 13. With iOS 13.2, when you receive a message Siri I read it to you If you wear AirPods 2 or some Beats models. The assistant won't interrupt you and you can answer them without having to say Hey Siri.
- In the privacy section We will see a specific section for the Research app. Apple announced this new app in September, designed to bring together the three medical studies it has underway with different universities and medical institutions. At the moment, its launch will be limited to the US.
- Apple has added a button to control the option of Handoff between iPhone and HomePod. This function is not yet available and depends on an update yet to be revealed for the Apple speaker.
- The volume bar of the Control Center now shows an icon with headphones that you have connected, provided they are wireless AirPods or Beats.
- iOS 13.2 allows you to group or ungroup HomeKit accessories that have multiple functions. Now they are shown as one or more within the Home app.
Heres how Siris support for third-party messaging apps works on iOS 13.2:
– It recognizes if you frequently text a contact via WhatsApp- Instead of iMessage, use WhatsApp by default (based on existing SiriKit framework) – Lets you pick different apps inside Siri pic.twitter.com/ainjsNv06k
– Federico Viticci (@viticci) October 3, 2019
An icon of the AirPods 3 appears with possible noise cancellation
We have been speculating for some time about a new AirPods 3. Apple renewed the originals last April with Hey Siri and a slightly improved autonomy in conversation as the main novelties. The company also took the opportunity to launch a wireless charging case. And now, the iOS 13.2 beta throws an icon that will tell us a lot about its appearance and functions.
Icon where you can see headphones that fit the description of the AirPods 3.
Judging by the icon, we will be facing a new AirPods whose shape has been substantially modified, at least the headset. This icon points to a silicone tip similar to Apple's in-ear headphones a few years ago. By design, it is very likely to have active noise cancellation or water resistance functions, as it has been rumored for quite some time.
The truth is that last month some cases of these alleged AirPods 3 leaked. The Chinese website 52audio was made with several pieces of both the headphones and the case that point in the same direction as the leaked icon. The body of the AirPods 3 will change its appearance and fit with that silicone tip to isolate the outside sound.
It is speculated that Apple will be holding a last event at the end of this month of October, possibly on the 28th or 29th. It is at that moment that we can see new AirPods 3 With water resistance and active noise cancellation.
The iOS 13.2 beta includes messages announced by Siri, improvements in HomeKit and an icon of an AirPods 3 (Updated)