Windows It is the most used operating system in the world and it was possible to impose it by its novel window interface that facilitated the interaction of the data with the user in a graphic way.
It may interest you:LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM | Advantages, features and Linux distributions
What is windows?
Windows it is the operating system that is developed by Microsoft Corporation, which stands out for being a system that has a graphic user interface, which has a window protocol, where a window is a representation of a task that has been executed or is in execution, in which each window can have its own menu as well as other controls, and finally the user can expand or reduce it through the mouse.
Nowadays Windows It is the most widespread operating system in the world and is used by millions of people. In turn, for this predominance most of the programs that are developed make them thinking that they are compatible or optimized for this system.
Windows operating system advantages
- Ease It is an operating system that is very simple when managing, implementing or using. Therefore, an average user will have no inconvenience in its configuration or use.
- Infrastructure In general terms it is safe, but being the most distributed is the one that is most attacked with viruses or malicious programs. That is why it is ideal to have a Informative ANTIVIRUS
- Cooldown Because of the way in which code reuse is built after executing programs, it is viable, in addition to efficient use of tasks and complete transparency when executing processes.
- Compatibility Being the most popular and distributed is an operating system that is very compatible with most of the programs or devices that are distributed.
- Technical support It is a very strong operating system and for that reason its technical support across the planet is excellent.
- Programs and applications The range of alternatives between programs or applications is extremely wide and tends towards infinity in this operating system, so one can almost always find one that is compatible.
- Incredible designs The interface is neat, functional and user friendly, so there are many aids and designs end up being innovative and visually pleasing.
- Multi-devices With the current developments you can take the operating system on all devices without any problem, both smartphones, tablets or computers.
Disadvantages of the Windows operating system
- cost Whatever you look at it is an expensive operating system, and to a large extent it has spread throughout the world by the pirate.
- Means Every time a new version is released in the market, teams have to have more resources to ensure good performance.
- Viruses or malicious programs Although there is talk of failures in its construction, we must also think that it is the operating system that is most used and for that reason most of the viruses or malicious programs are made for Windows.
- Instability It does not mean that it is necessarily unstable, but if compared to options such as Mac or Linux, it is the most unstable historically.
- Closed Code It is an operating system that does not share its code, so it is closed and does not allow a community to promote changes or modifications as it happens with Linux, for example.
- Registry All programs are required to write and read in the system log at all times, for that reason it is being corrupted over time.
- Maintenance It requires constant care and maintenance with attention, because otherwise it becomes unstable.
- Bad to the problems If problematic cases occur with the operating system it is not very user friendly and they are difficult to solve.
- Annoying messages There are many messages that are shown to the user and that unnecessarily occupy or distract the user's attention.
- Desk It covers the monitor screen and each version presents a platform that is pleasant at the visual level. It is the base from which Windows is based.
- Men It has a list of options with subtopics. It can be configured to be hidden or visible.
- Start button It is key to its interface. With it, a menu with programs and functions that the user usually uses is displayed.
- Start Menu It facilitates access to different system components. Only allows you to choose one program at a time.
- Taskbar It shows loaded or active tasks. The user can easily move between them with a alt + tab.
- cones They are a graphical representation with which indications are given regarding the applications that have already been installed.
- Windows The graphic interface is given through windows, hence the name of Windows. They are diverse pictures in which the information is presented to the user. Each window is different from the information it shows. This was a quality leap if compared to the predecessor TWO that did not have an intuitive graphic interface.
- Resource management It is the one that allows assigning certain levels of resources to the tasks or applications that the users execute, both independently and autonomously.
Over the years Microsoft has presented different versions with evolutionary changes.
- Windows 1.X / 2.X Marc the passage of operating systems based on text to graphics. Its central characteristic is that of an operating subsystem with a monochromatic interface, although with the appropriate tools it can be executed in color.
- Windows 3.x It presents a completely color interface with concepts such as folders, cone, wallpaper, taskbar and certain multitasking features.
- Windows NT (New Technology) It is a version designed for a modular network and competed with operating systems such as UNIX.
- Windows 95 Version that made the great qualitative leap. It has a 32-bit environment management and has the plug and play function.
- Windows 98/98 SE There are more plug and play devices that are recognized.
- Windows 2000 It is the evolution of Windows NT. It shows a remarkable improvement to recognize the hardware, has 64-bit support and includes an Active Director service.
- Windows Millenium It recognizes all the devices Plug and play has USB port input.
- Windows Xp With remote assistance, so the user can share control of the computer with assistance going online.
- Windows Vista emphasis for the safety of equipment and personnel.
- Windows 7 It keeps any program open in the toolbar but it is hidden. The user is the one who clicks to drag and display. Aesthetically the cones are bigger and simple to use.
- Windows 8 Jumping quality at the visual level and this version is intended to give a certain similarity to a presentation for Tablet.
- Windows 10 Improves the connectivity, stability and presentation of the system with respect to its predecessor. On a visual level, he liked it.
Windows advantages over Linux
Maybe you are interested in reading about LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM | Advantages, features and Linux distributions
- Ease It is an operating system that for the end user is much easier to use and understand.
- Compatibility Most programs or applications are made thinking of being compatible with Windows, so it is a clear advantage.
- Applications development The time required for the development of applications in Windows compared to Linux is less. This is largely due to the facilities given to developers in this operating system.
- Peripherals or devices Compatibility is wider in Windows not only for programs, but for peripherals that connect so much input how output
- Video game Although it is part of the compatibility category already mentioned, it deserves to be mentioned separately, because it is one of the most common interests among computer users and in this case Windows s which expands the catalog of options in terms of video games refers to to other systems like Linux or Mac.
You can continue reading:
FORMAT PC – Step by step guide to format the PC successfully!
DRIVERS (computer science) | What are they, what are they for and how do they work?
SYMBOLS and SPECIAL CHARACTERS on the keyboard