To learnhow to format a PC It is quite simple that many people do not know how to perform and it may be necessary to repair computer errors, eliminate viruses or enjoy an installation from scratch. In this article, you learn how to do it without mistakes!
What is it and what is the use of formatting the PC?
Format the PC means to erase the information that there is a hard disk or storage device from the PC. In that sense, the operating system that was installed, is also removed, so that this storage device is completely free.
Format the PC serves as a strategy that is applied for the occasions in which the operating system is unstable and a new installation is required. Also when there is suspicion of a virus that cannot be destroyed, if the computer works very slowly or also because:
- Remove trash It makes the process much simpler, leaving the device clean is zero.
- Remove viruses and harmful files By deleting all files, it is certain that viruses, Trojans and the like are also deleted.
- Error free Because the operating system is scaled from scratch, all previous system errors will be eliminated, so that better PC performance is achieved.
What do I need before formatting a PC
- Make a backup People are always advised to make a backup copy of their information and even if possible of the PC drivers, so that after a new operating system is installed, all of them can be restored without any inconvenience.
- Documents Although you mentioned them in the previous section, remember to back them up so you don't lose anything.
- Downloaded programs Installers must be saved and backed up, in order to install them again in the new copy of the operating system.
- Make a recovery disk It is a measure that is suggested to apply, in case something goes wrong or you want to return to a previous point. In this case the Windows disk is necessary.
- Browser information Although this information is currently supported by the cloud, it is not also supported by the information in the web browser, so that this data is not lost.
- Passwords and personal information – Sometimes it is saved on the computer and therefore the information must be backed up.
- Make sure you have the operating system installation disk After formatting the PC it is always necessary to install the operating system, so it is essential to have the disk to install it. It is also possible to do it from apen drive.
Within all operating systems, we recommend using:
Care before formatting a PC
- Support Back up all the data that may be key, such as documents, installed programs, drivers and other.
- Know the computer well It is always suggested to know the manufacturers of the computer components, so that the right decisions are made.
- Know the processor Depending on the processor, a type of operating system is installed, either 32 or 64 bits, you have to be very careful about it to be correct.
- Only if it is necessary to format It is worth remembering that formatting the PC is the last option, so it is advised to do it only when it is really necessary.
- Partition the disks – It is suggested to do it in advance to be able to differentiate the hard disk where the operating system will be installed again and have another backup if this space is needed later. Anyway it is something optional and will depend on whether it is considered relevant or not.
How to format the PC step by step
Remember that to format the PC you may need an external hard drive or a USB memory and the operating system disk you want to install.
Step 1 Proceed to insert the bootable CD or USB with the operating system that you want to install on the PC. Then shut down and start the computer again. At the time of turning on the computer, you must enter the Boot menu, where the key to do so will be different according to the PC, but the most common are: F1, F2, F8, F9, F10, F11 and F12.