it's possible remove the phone number from your Facebook account, although it is not recommended in some cases, especially if you have recently enabled two-step verification of the social network to avoid unauthorized entries.
In any case, if you are worried that Facebook may have this so personal information, you will not have problems in removing it easily, because it is a quite accessible setting that you can modify from the computer, or if you prefer, through the mobile.
You must take into account something, although you can delete the phone number in a few steps, Facebook remind you every so often that you add it, as long as you do not continue receiving a reminder to put it back on your profile.
Can you use Facebook Messenger without having a profile on Facebook?
Remove number through the web
To permanently remove the phone number from your Facebook profile through the web, follow these steps:
- Open Facebook e log in with your data (name and password). Now click on the arrow icon at the top, the one located at the top of the blue bar and enter the option that says configuration.
- Go to the left column and, among the different tabs there are, click on one that says mobile, you only have to do click delete just below the phone. When you do, Facebook will inform you that this information is important because it will help you in a possible account restoration in the future if you lose your password, although if you do not mind the message, click on the blue button to delete number.
You are likely to be asked for your account password to confirm the process, so write it down.
Delete your phone from the Facebook app
As we have already told you, it is also possible to remove the phone number from Facebook from the mobile applications of the social network. In the case of the iPhone app you just have to do the following:
- Open Facebook and click on the three horizontal stripes icon You see at the bottom.
- Once inside, scroll down and enter the configuration section.
- Now go to personal information.
- Go into phone number. Finally, where your number appears, click where it says delete to remove the phone from your account.
It is quite easy and fast remove the phone number from your Facebook profile, once you do it on the web it will no longer appear on the web, so if you follow one of the two procedures that we have indicated, you will have already definitively removed this data, although as we already mentioned, it is not recommended.
How to view pending friend requests on Facebook