You want to try the latest version of Windows but you don't know how? In Root we explain how install Windows 8.1 on VirtualBox in a fast and easy way. You just have to follow the steps that we will explain.
Microsoft has implemented some improvements that users request in the new version Windows 8.1, some of these improvements are the return of the start button something that people missed, we also have new sizes for the home screen to better manage applications and other improvements that explain our companions of Winphone metro.
We will explain the steps to follow for the installation of Windows 8.1 in VirtualBox, you just have to follow them so that everything goes well.
We will have to be clear first of all, If our team supports a virtual machine with the requirements established by Windows 8.1 To function, the minimum requirements are:
- 1 Ghz processor with Execute Disable Bit technology.
- Graphic Card compatible with Directx 9 or higher.
- 1GB of RAM for the 32-bit version and 2GB for the 64-bit version.
- 20 GB hard drive free.
Once checked, we will perform the following steps:
- We will have to have installed on our computer the latest version of VirtualBox and a DVD or .iso with our Windows 8.1.
- We will run VirtualBox and we will click on New.
- Where it names, we will write Windows 8.1 and automatically we will get the appropriate configuration.
- Having set options for 8.1 Automatically we set the memory size.
- In the next step we must create a new virtual hard disk, click on create and select the minimum size 20 Gb.
About Alfonso de la Casa
Computer technician always fond of the world of technology. One of my biggest hobbies are Android smartphones, Linux-based systems and graphic design. My free time I like to devote to the creation of web pages and information security. I never tire of reading, listening and researching topics about developments in the world of computer technology.
Readfrom Alfonso de la Casa!
. (tagsToTranslate) Installation (t) Requirements (t) VirtualBox (t) Windows 8.1