Do you know how to make a screenshot on a Samsung phone? Performing this operation on an Android phone is easy and the truth is that there are a lot of situations in which this could be useful, either because you want to share your home screen with friends or get a graphic proof of your last score in a video game . This is something that has practically not changed over the years and here we explain how to do it on models such as Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 2.
We also include a guide to take a screenshot on any other device that uses Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean (4.1, 4.2, 4.3), KitKat (4.4), Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Android 7.0 Nougat, Android 8.0 Oreo and Android 9.0 Pie.
How to make a screenshot on your Galaxy by sliding your hand?
Making a screenshot on the Galaxy S8 (or almost any other Samsung Galaxy) with the movement of your hand is very easy.
one of 4
- Position your hand vertically to the left or right of the screen, as if you were going to practice karate with your cell phone.
- Move your hand from left to right or from right to left, across the screen as if it were a scanner.
- You will hear a sound, see the image capture move to the side of the phone and a notification will appear indicating that the photo is in the gallery of images.
- You need to try several times. This technique works with the following devices, as well as with most Samsung phones that came out after 2013: Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S5 Edge, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8 Note 4 and Galaxy Note 3.
How to verify that the option of taking screenshots is activated on your Galaxy?
one of 3
If you have tried many times and it does not work for you, you should probably enable the feature in the configuration menu.
- Open Settings> Movements and Gestures (located in the category Movements).
- Choose Move palm to.
- Close the menu and look for the screen you want to capture.
How to make a screenshot on your Galaxy using the buttons?
Not all are fantastic gestural controls. Fortunately, most Android phones offer a more tactile method to capture a screenshot.
one of 4
- Press the button switched on and that of start at the same time.
- Continue pressing them for a second until you hear the sound of the camera, or until you see any visual indication that the capture was made.
- It cost you work at first but, once you have understood the dynamics, be one of the easiest tasks. You must press the power button a little before pressing the start button and then you must hold the pressure in both.
Below, we show you a list of the devices that work with this option. However, it is important that you know that this method works with almost all Samsung phones that have a Start button.
The Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy Tab 3 Pro , Galaxy S4 Mini and Galaxy S3.
If you have a Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, Note 8, Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, which do not have a physical start button, then the key combination is a bit different:
- Press and hold the buttons switched on Y volume down at the same time.
- Keep both buttons pressed for a second, until you hear a shutter sound or see a visual that indicates a picture was taken.
- You must press and hold the Switched on slightly before pressing the button to decrease the volume, then keep them pressed.
How to take a screenshot with your S Pen?
This technique is available on the Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices with an S Pen. To take a screenshot this way, you must open the menu Areo command, pulling the S Pen pencil, or placing the pen on the screen and clicking on the button.
- Choose Writing screen from the options of Areo command to take a screenshot.
- Then you can write notes at the top of the image. There are options on the top toolbar to change the color and size of the pen if you want to be creative. You can also delete or undo strokes and there is a clipping option at the bottom.
- When you're done, touch Share or save on the bottom.
How to make a screenshot on other Android devices?
Taking a screenshot on any other Android phone or tablet, other than a Samsung device, is also quite easy. The method will vary slightly depending on the model, however, the following method should work on all non-Samsung Android phones with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later.
- Press the button switched on and the key of volume down at the same time.
- Keep them pressed until you hear a click or a screenshot sound. You should also see a small capture animation.
- You will receive a notification of the screenshot and you can share or delete it.
- By default, your screenshots are saved in your Photos or Galley application in a different Screenshots folder.
In Android 9.0 Pie you can also press and hold the power button to get a screen capture option that appears on the screen. If you choose to edit the screenshot from the notification bar, you can also check it, which is ideal if you want to highlight something specific.
For older Android phones, such as those using 2.3 Gingerbread, you should go to the Google Play Store, where there are several applications that will capture a screenshot in your name. Fcil screenshot Y ER screenshot These are popular options, but you may need to check your phone. You can also take a look at No Root Screenshot It, if you don't want to link your device.
Be sure to check out this guide on how to make a screenshot on an iPhone.
* Updated by Daniel Matus on August 29, 2019.