With sincerity, how difficult it can be change the language to the Windows operating system? Well, apparently this becomes a kind of pebble in the shoe. It is that just with the fact that we abandon the process in half to give up, it gives us an idea of how tedious it can be.
Older versions of this operating system seem designed to make us want to destroy the computer with dynamite when we do this process. This is because the system brings a predetermined language and had to look in the entrails (to say a very deep place) to achieve the change of language. The horrible part of this matter, is that if we were not sure in the steps to follow, it is possible that we left gray hair and we were bald before successfully completing this operation.
Well now we can thank Windows developers in their most recent version (Windows 10) they had the epiphany of saving us an aneurysm when trying to configure the language on our computer, since they decided to leave in the past that problem that comes with the fact of buying a computer and having to pay a language teacher to configure it for us. We can say that Windows 10 came equipped with an anti-dumb system that will help us configure the language of how many computers put us in front.
Now it is appropriate to see the methods and steps necessary to configure the language with our computer equipped with Windows 10, without forgetting that We will learn the keyboard shortcuts and find a lot of information that we find very interesting.
Guide to change the default language of a computer equipped with Windows 10
Microsoft has long been dragging a problem that is the configuration of the language, making life impossible in the case of buying a computer outside our country and having to change the language with methods as complicated as downloading language packs, installing them manual way and call an exorcist (ok, maybe we exaggerate).
Well, the developers of this famous company became aware of the lack of practicality when making the language configuration, since in Windows 10 (the most recent), they chose to provide a simple, practical and without much trauma process.
The steps are actually quite easy, then we can appreciate them:
- Before all the main thing is to go to the menu of Start, then we are going to Configuration and there we can appreciate the following.
- We will notice that the default language in this opportunity is Spanish.
- Since we are in this part we can see the option Time and language from there we move to the line that says Region and language where they will be ready to deploy the following options.
- We already see that obviously the default language is Spanish and we don't see another language. In this case if for example we want to change it to the English language, we will have to click on the option Add a language.
- When we have done this We will see a window displayed with many languages where we will look for the one that suits us. Another way will be to type the language in the search box to make the process faster.
- When we get the option we want (English), we will see other options related to the language we have chosen. We must remember that in each language there are many variations due to the accents that exist in each country.
- In order not to get so complicated, we select the option English (UnitedStates), and we will see the window unfold again Region and language and we will realize that the chosen language is already available. Once there we click on the chosen language and we can see other options.
- At this point we click on the tab identified as Options and we can see that the download of the language we decided to download has started.
- It is possible to download the language, handwriting and e parameters on this site When the download is complete we can start with the installation of the language.
- Now we go back to the window Region and language and click on the language we decided to set and select the option Set as determined next we will see a message like the following:
Already the next time we start session with our Windows 10, the language we choose to be by default the language on our computer. It is necessary to restart the system to confirm the changes, for this way to see that now our Windows 10 is completely in English, as we have decided to configure it.
Change the screen language
It is usual to share the computer with other people, the uncomfortable part is when those people deserve to use different languages on the computer, having to constantly download and change the language of our computer, something that is unfeasible. That is why we will now teach you how to configure the language of the screen and the system for a specific user.
As always we go to the Windows menu looking for the option Configuration and now we enter Time and language.
Ac we will see the customary window where we will look for the option Region and language.
Now we will see the languages that we currently have available, click on the language of our interest and select Set as default.
Change the language of a user account
Basically the language that we have configured as determined in our user and computer is included in menus, assistants, support windows and the elements that integrate the interface of this operating system. However, When we decide to change the language for a specific user and the elements we have mentioned have not been included, it will be necessary to apply the following steps:
First we place the Control Panel in our team and we will enter Regin
We will open a window, in which we will select Copy Settings, in order to clone our current language with all the elements.
Also we will find in this window the option to select to copy our current language to the system accounts and also the login session. Ac in the same way we can select that these details can be copied for new users and we click on To accept.
Cortana language settings
Cortana's language is a new feature that Microsoft has included, it is very helpful in a large number of tasks within Windows. The limitation presented by this tool is that although we enable it since we have installed it, it will only be available for a list of passes, which are:
That is why other countries have certain restrictions on their use and it is necessary to try to do these steps if we are in any of these countries with this restriction.
- Initially we will make the language change as we have done before. Once we have established the new language we go to the option Region and language and again we must click on Options (Options)
- We can already see a window in which we must download an action called in English Speech, we wait for it to download and install it on the system.
- When installed, we go to the window that says Regin and language, select the line Speech and also in the field Speech Language, we select the language again but this time in English. Ac be extremely important to activate the box Recognize non-nativeaccentsforthislanguage.
Once all these changes have been made, we restart the system and we will be able to use Cortana freely and its functions fully. If it is necessary to define the keyboard with the same language that we have selected, to achieve this we must click on Default language, which is located in the taskbar of the list we have selected. Now we look for the language, which in this case is English (UnitedStates) and click on it.
Since we arrive until here, so that everything is completely organized it will be necessary to change the region.
- We go to the control panel and select the option Clock, language and Regin, then in the opened window we click on Regin then select United States and reaffirm this action by clicking where it says Okay.
If we do these steps correctly, it will always be possible to establish a language to our Windows, as well as fully activate Cortana's functionalities.
Add a new language to Windows 10
As we have seen in the previous method, it is possible to install the language that we want to our operating system And to do so, we can see the necessary steps below:
- We open the control panel and in the search engine of our Windows 10, we write the words (Control Panel), and click on the option of the same name.
- Now we select where it says Clock, language and region then clicking on the option Add a language
- When we are there, we will select the languages we want to add (choose the one that suits us), then click where it says Add.
- As soon as we return to the language window, we can see the language that has just been added to our operating system.
Remove a language that has been installed on Windows 10
To remove a language from our Windows 10 we will have the following two methods:
- How first option can we start looking for the option that says Region and language we decide which language we want to delete and click on it, now we just have to select Remove or failing that Remove.
- The second option is to open a system symbol terminal as an administrator and we proceed to execute it with the following commands: Ipksetup / u (language). Let's say we want to eliminate the English language, so the way to do it will be to place Ipksetup / u en-en and if it is Spanish it will be Ipksetup / u es-es
Combinations and shortcuts to change the language using the keys
One of the features that we have always liked in this operating system, are the shortcuts that are made available through the keys. These come to simplify access to sessions in the operating system, since doing so by the usual methods is a bit more complicated, although it is regrettable that there is no formula of these, that allows us to completely change the language.
The closest option is the combination Windows key + Spacebar which is very useful for the change of language on our keyboard. Anyway, there are still many alternatives and then we can see the best shortcuts with the keyboard in our Windows 10 operating system.
Split screens into windows and applications.
The fact of being able to divide the screen at our discretion, organizing the view we have of our applications is a very good and necessary option. In fact, this function is also called Snap and in the most recent version of Windows has improved substantially, Ac we can see how to do it more quickly using the shortcuts of the keys.
As Windows 8, with this OS we can position the windows on the side that suits us best of the screen, but Windows 10 brought us the variant of allowing us to assign quadrants, this means that we can have four windows open and in sight on our screen .
- Windows key + Right snap the active window to the right.
- Windows key + Left snap, from the active window to the left.
- Windows key + Down snap the active window down.
- Windows key + Up snap the active window up.
We can notice that when we are doing Snap from one quadrant to another, or to a Windows window we will make the suggestion that we locate in an empty quadrant, some of the applications that we already have open.
Having virtual desktops in this new version of the famous operating system gives us a sample of the great evolution that has been taking place to reach Windows 10 and give us a better user experience. The truth is how we will have additional invisible monitors, where we can assign a different task to each of them. Of course we can save a different activity in each of these, but the shortcuts and the wallpaper will not be different.
- Windows key + Ctrl + D Creation of a new virtual desktop.
- Windows key + Ctrl + Right Move to the right desk.
- Windows key + Ctrl + Left Move to the left desk.
- Windows key + Ctrl + F4 Closed from the current desktop.
- Windows key + Tab Visualization of all our desks and applications.
Cortana settings and shortcuts
There is no better search assistant on the platform than the Cortana function. Every day it is improving and advancing in its functions, being able to choose between the comfort of the option of the shortcut by voice or simply with the keyboard, since the important thing of this function is the ease that it gives us to move through the functions of the operating system.
- Windows key + Q To start Cortana ready to receive voice commands.
- Windows key + S To start Cortana ready to receive written orders.
- Windows key + I Doing this opens the Windows 10 settings page.
- Windows key + A So we will see that it opens the center of actions (or notifications) of Windows.
- Windows key + X to open the context menu of the start button.
We can have a new terminal with this version of Windows and also with new shortcuts that if we want to use them, we must right click on the terminal window bar.
Once there we can choose properties and in the tab Options shortcut activation is necessary, use the key Ctrl as well as the options for text selection.
- Shift + Left highlight text to the left of the cursor.
- Shift + b Right highlight text to the right of the cursor.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left (or Right) make text blocks stand out instead of just one tem at a time.
- Ctrl + C copy the selected text to clipboard Windows
- Ctrl + V paste the text of the clipboard to the terminal
- Ctrl + A Make select all the text.
It will be possible to use these same shortcuts in applications that are text based, even if they are new to the terminal.
There are a number of shortcuts that have managed to survive all the evolution that has occurred in the Windows operating system and the truth is that they are still very useful.. Then the combinations and shortcuts that are a priority for a comfortable movement in the interface of our new system.
- Windows key + D to minimize all applications and go directly to the desktop.
- Ctrl + Shift + M to restore all minimized applications (quite useful after Win + D).
- Windows key + Home to minimize all windows except the ones we are using.
- Windows key + L to block our PC and go to the lock window.
- Windows key + E to open the file browser.
- Alt + Up to go up one level in the file explorer.
- Alt + Left to go to the previous folder in the file explorer.
- Alt + Right to go to the next folder in the file explorer.
- Alt + Tab to change window (press and hold Alt while we press Tab to visually choose which window to go to).
- Alt + F4 to close the current window.
- Windows key + Shift + Left (or Right) to move a window to our next monitor.
- Windows key + T change application found in the taskbar (press Enter to choose).
- Windows key + Any numeral key to open the application of our taskbar located in that position (e.g., Win + 2 open the 2nd application located from the left to the right in the taskbar).
We hope that reading this article, in addition to providing the necessary information, has also been of maximum enjoyment. If there is any doubt in relation to the subject, do not hesitate to express it in the comments area.