WhatsApp is one of the Applications Most popular instant messenger, mainly because it is extremely easy to use and has no useless functions. In fact, it is included with functions of chat tiles that people like to use daily. In this article we will show you how to update your WhatsApp contacts.
However, since WhatsApp does not have a system of Username, some people are not familiar with add contacts in WhatsApp.
How to update WhatsApp Contacts?
WhatsApp now has a native functionality to add contacts. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open the application on your Android device.
- Touch the green floating new message button at the bottom.
- On the Select contact screen, touch the New contact option.
- Sers taken to the Create contact screen.
- Enter the name and number of the contact you want to add.
- Then press the Save button.
- Go back and on the Select contact screen, search for your contact.
- If the contact is not present there.
- Touch the three-dot menu in the upper right corner and select Update.
- Then again, scroll down and your newly saved contact will be there.
Use contact applications
If the previous method does not work or if you do not have the “New contact” function, you can use this conventional method to add contacts.
- Save contact To add new numbers, you must first save the contact.
- If you know how to save contacts on your phone, you can go directly to step 2.
- But if you are a newbie, open the Contacts application on your device.
- Then touch the Add Float button.
- The Create contact screen appears.
- Add the necessary details here such as name and contact number.
- Then touch the Save button.
- Alternatively, you can also save contacts from the Phone application.
- To do so, start the Telephone application and enter the telephone number with the country code.
- Get the option Create new contact. Type it and add the necessary details.
- Then save the contact.
- Update WhatsApp. After saving the contact on your phone, open WhatsApp.
- Then touch the new floating message button present at the bottom.
- On the next screen, scroll down to find your contact.
- Touch the contact to start sending messages.
If you cannot find your saved contact, touch the three-point menu in the upper right corner and select Update. Then, again, scroll down and your contact will be there.
NOTE: If the contact still does not appear in WhatsApp, they most likely do not have an active WhatsApp account.