You are a proud owner of Amazon's small connected speaker, Echo Dot, and you can't wait to try it and set it up to make the most of the services of Alexa, your digital assistant. In this article, we will explain its start, but also how to connect a Bluetooth speaker and restart it.
How to configure and install Amazon Echo Dot
Amazon likes to simplify the lives of its users. This is no surprise when you see how easy it is to navigate through the categories of your website. For his speaker Echo Dot, the American giant has also done things quite practical. There are two ways to configure: through the website or through the Amazon Alexa mobile application.
How to configure Echo Dot through the app
- Download the Amazon Alexa app
Amazon Echo is not yet officially available in Spain, you may have difficulty finding the application in the Play Store (here is the APK file). To know how to install an APK file, read our article.
- Log in with your account (or create an account) and follow the instructions.
- Choose from the list of Echo Dot devices and then the language you want (English or German).
- Wait for the orange light around your Echo Dot to come on. If you don't see the orange light, simply press and hold the 'Action' button (the one with the dot) for 5 seconds.
- Wait a minute and you're already connected to Echo Dot! Then select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- After a brief wait, your Echo Dot is ready and you can talk. You also have the option to connect it to another Bluetooth speaker.
How to configure Echo Dot through the web
The configuration is similar to that of the application.
- Go to https://alexa.amazon.com and log in with your account.
- Click on 'Settings' and later 'Set up a new device'.
- Choose your device from the list and language.
- Connect to Wi-Fi and create a network for your Echo.
- When your Echo Dot says'Ready for Setup ', connect directly to the Wi-Fi network you have created.
- Find your network in the drop-down list and choose it.
- You can now use your Echo Dot.
How to restart Amazon Echo Dot
If you want to sell your Echo Dot or simply restart it to make it more efficient, this may be a solution for you. To do this, press and hold the 'Mute' and 'Volume down' buttons at the same time until the light ring turns orange (approximately 20 seconds). If the light ring turns blue, wait until the light ring turns off and on again. The light ring will turn orange again and your device will enter configuration mode.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to Amazon Echo
Unlike Home Mini, Echo Dot can be connected to other existing speakers through the mini jack available on the Echo Dot or via Bluetooth. This is a significant advantage because it allows you to enjoy better sound and sound quality in several rooms. Then we explain how to connect it goes Bluetooth:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa app settings. Select your device and go to Bluetooth.
- Click on 'Pair a new device'(pair a new device). Echo Dot must enter pairing mode. A few seconds later, the connection is established and you can use the speaker. To disconnect, simply click on the disconnect button or say "Alexa disconnect ".
Amazon Echo Alexa: what is the next step?
As with Google Home Mini, you can use other connected devices such as Philips Hue with Amazon Echo. On the Amazon website you will find a list of devices compatible with Amazon assistants.
Have you had any problem setting up your Amazon Echo Dot? Tell us everything in the comments.
. (tagsToTranslate) configure amazon echo dot (t) how to connect amazon echo dot to bluetooth speakers (t) how to reset amazon echo dot