The end of the year 2014 is approaching and with it a new year of launches by the Android terminal manufacturers closes. We have seen all the proposals of many manufacturers throughout the year within the market of the tablets. Many good purchase options and most importantly, to different price ranges.
The best Android tablets with a screen of more than 9 inches
Without going any further, we have seen how HTC gave a second chance to the tablet market along with Google, how Nokia has launched an Android tablet (since it does not reach 9 inches we have not included it), Samsung's premium bet to compete with iPad and other devices.
Christmas is approaching and many of us need advice for gifts, here we leave you with a list of the best tablets in relation quality / price but with a feature, with screens of 9 inches or higher. Some people prefer a large tablet where they can enjoy multimedia content or just work. For those looking for a light tablet we recommend the comparison we already made of the best light tablets.
So here we leave you with a list of six good tablets that have been launched this year 2014 with a screen between 9 and 10 inches.
After the blow of HTC in the first attempt to enter the market of tablets with Android 3.0 HoneyComb, the Taiwanese tries again but this time from the hand of Google manufacturing the Nexus 9. A tablet with many novelties inside as It is a 64-bit Tegra K1 processor to squeeze Android Lollipop. We will also have a 2K screen resolution to enjoy the multimedia content we want.
There go the specifications of HTC's second attempt to take part of the cake of the tablet market.
- 8.9 ″ IPS LCD display with QXGA resolution 2048 × 1536 pixels (4: 3 ratio), double touch to wake up (288ppi)
- Gorilla Glass 3
- NVIDIA Denver 64-bit dual-core 2.3GHz (Tegra K1)
- Kepler 192-core GPU
- 2GB RAM LPDDR3
- 6700mAh battery (not wireless) 3.8 V / 25.46 Wh
- Storage Samsung KLMAG2GEAC 16 GB / 32GB eMMC NAND Flash
- 8MP rear camera OIS f / 2.4, IMX219 sensor, autofocus and LED flash, 1080p video
- 1.6MP front camera f / 2.4, 720p video
- BoomSound HTC front speakers, dual microphone
- Broadcom Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, USB2.0, NFC,
- Ambient light sensor, GPS / GNSS, gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer
- Qualcomm® Gobi ™ modem, LTE / HSPA + / EV-DO / GSM
- 228.3 × 153.7 × 7.95mm and 425 grams of weight (WiFi version)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Available in black, gold and white colors
Price: 389 euros (16GB), 479 euros (32GB), or 559 euros (32GB + LTE) (Amazon)
We are now going to the South Korean Samsung that has launched this year a new range of tablets called Galaxy Tab S. Here we reward the finishes since we will have aluminum on the edges and a good touch on the back. Samsung wanted to launch a tablet with premium finishes and is on track.
We will also have good specifications such as Samsung's own Exynos processor that gives good results, a screen with 2K resolution and a good battery with which to support our day to day no matter how "power-users" we are.
- SuperAMOLED screen 10.5 inches WQXGA 2560 × 1600 pixels
- Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5420 processor (Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz)
- GPU Mali-T628 MP6
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB or 32GB of storage + micro SD card slot
- 8MP rear camera + Flash / 2.1MP front
- 16GB of storage + microSD card up to 128GB
- WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac MIMO, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, IrLED
- Android 4.4 KitKat + TouchWiz
- 7900mAh battery
- 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm
- 465 grams
Price: € 449.00 (Amazon)
Price: € 249
Asus has chosen this year for update your MeMo Pad 10 tablet to adapt it to the times and demands that are currently in this market. With this tablet, Asus does not intend to compete with any of the high-end tablets this year or by any means, since it offers modest specifications at an economical price. There are those who go for the high end and those who opt for the lowest price without neglecting the performance.
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064, 4 cores at 1.5GHz
- 1 GB of RAM
- Internal storage of 8 GB / 16 GB / 32 GB, expandable by micro SD up to 64GB
- 10.1-inch IPS LED display with 1280 x 800 resolution (WXGA)
- 5 MP rear camera (in some markets it will be 2)
- 0.3 MP front camera
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi 11 b / g / n
- Sensors: G, E-compass, hall (of fields)
- Stereo speakers with technology Sonicmaster
- Battery with autonomy of up to 9.5 hours
Price: € 170 (Amazon)
Many users are those who buy a tablet to take work anywhere. For this there are accessories such as keyboard covers for tablets. So we will turn our device into a laptop since the same cover that covers the tablet screen includes the keyboard. With this we just have to stand up and write.
Say that if you have OTG technology in your microUSB port, you can connect a USB mouse through an adapter with which to handle your tablet as if it were a computer. Otherwise, you can opt for a mouse with bluetooth connectivity.
Do you think to give any of these tablets for these holidays that are coming?