Huawei is in the middle of the crossfire caused by the commercial war they dispute USA Y China. Last May, the US Government of Donald Trump signed an order for technology companies in his country to stop providing, among others, software and hardware supplies to cell phone manufacturer's products.
Since then, Huawei has affected its business with great losses and instability. However, he has also learned to take advantage of the crisis, as he did a few weeks ago when he presented his own Harmony OS cross-platform ecosystem.
(CLICK HERE to visit the cover of Technology and Science)
(Android, WhatsApp, Gmail: everything that Huawei will recover if the veto is lifted completely)
(Mate 30 | The new Huawei cell phone cannot be sold with Android by US veto)
(As is HarmonyOS, Huawei's operating system)
Now, a new difficulty seems to hit the company. The Reuters news agency has reported that, according to a spokesman for Google, The new cell phones of the Chinese firm, the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro, the brand's flagship models, cannot be sold with the Android operating system.
This despite the fact that the US government, at the end of June, postponed the ban imposed on Huawei for 90 days. The extension will not apply to new products.
While Google may have requested a license from the Department of Commerce so that the new equipment was exempt from the ban and carried its operating system, it is unknown until now that the request has been made.
Next, we show the chronology of the conflict between Huawei and the USA.
Canadian authorities detain the financial director of the company Huawei, Meng Wanzhou, at the request of the United States. "Meng Wanzhou was arrested on December 1 in Vancouver. The United States asks for his extradition", said on Wednesday the Canadian Ministry of Justice.
According to press reports, US authorities suspect that Meng violated US sanctions imposed on Irn.
The US Department of Justice accuses Huawei representatives of 23 charges. In them, includes fraud and theft of technology and private information.
Chinese telecommunications equipment manufacturer Huawei indicated that there was filed a lawsuit against the United States Government for the prohibition of its products in the US market, amid accusations of espionage against the company.
In a press conference held in the Swiss city of Shenzhen, the company's headquarters, it was explained that the lawsuit was filed before a Texas court to challenge the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that prohibits government agencies from acquiring products from Huawei.
Donald Trump signs an order that asks US companies to stop providing services or goods to some foreign companies. Among some of the measures requested are the country's software and hardware supplies adhered to by Chinese products.
The measure mainly points to Huawei, the Chinese telecommunications giant, the world's second largest smartphone and black beast manufacturer in Washington, who accuses the cyber espionage group in favor of Beijing.
The American Googlewhose operating system Android It is installed in the vast majority of smart phones in the world, indicated that cut off its relations with Huawei, a decision of serious consequences for the Chinese giant, which can no longer offer Gmail or Google Maps to its customers.
United States decided postpone until mid-August the ban on technology exports to Chinese tech giant Huawei, according to the Commerce Department.
The document indicates that this postponement was decided so that Huawei and its partners have enough time "to maintain and support existing and currently functioning networks and equipment, including software updates."June 1
China decides to raise its tariffs on imports from the country ruled by Donald Trump.Even the spokesman for the Chinese Ministry of Commerce, Gao Feng, said that the list was started. "The authorities will not persecute any particular sector or company"I sentenced.
The White House allows US companies to sell products to Chinese manufacturer Huawei, US President Donald Trump announced.
Trump made the announcement by referring to what was agreed at the meeting he had shortly before with the Chinese president, Xi Jinping, in order to move forward to contain the trade war that faces both countries since last year.
Huawei presents its own Harmony OS operating ecosystem in China, which is compatible with watches, televisions and even cars, among other devices.
The technology manifests – in that presentation – that Harmony OS will not debut on a cell phone. The mobile phones of the Chinese firm will keep, for the moment, Android.
The Secretary of Commerce of the United States, Wilbur Ross, announces a 90 day extension to Huawei, which ends on November 19.
"While we continue to encourage consumers to get away from Huawei products, we recognize that more time is needed to prevent any problem"said Ross.
In this way, Huawei can continue with support for existing telecommunications networks and provide updates to Android phones until almost the end of the year.
According to a report from Reuters, the new cell phones Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro, the company's flagship series, They cannot be sold with Android. The 90-day extension does not apply to new products.
Both teams will be presented in Berlin on September 18, but it is unknown when they will go on sale and if they will carry the operating system that the manufacturer has been preparing: Harmony OS.
With information from Agencies
Follow us on Twitter …
. (tagsToTranslate) showdown (t) chronology (t) huawei (t) ee (t) uu