Brawl Stars is the last game of the moment. After several months in beta, it is finally available to everyone. We tell you everything you need to know before you start playing so that games are not resisted, as well as tips and tricks.
What is Brawl Stars: the new Supercell phenomenon
This funny video came as an official announcement of the new Supercell game, which after several months in beta, has finally reached the whole world. Supercell is the company of two great mobile hits such as Clash of Clans and Clash Royale. Brawl Stars was born in the support of a company that knows how to create successful games, so I deserved to give it a try.
Since its official launch, we have not stopped playing. My brother and practically all my friends I usually play with we have abandoned any other activity we did in our free time To play this hilarious game.
We tell you what you need to get started in Brawl Stars.
As soon as you open the game, you feel that it is a title with potential, visual and sound style enters through sight and hearing, and just play a couple of games to understand why this game is going to give a lot to talk about in the coming months. It is simple to learn to play, but its playability has the depth necessary to make each game a unique experience.
Guide to start playing Brawl Stars: Controls and Basics
Brawl Stars is not a game that takes full advantage of touch screens, since it requires controls that work on the screen (unfortunately, it is not compatible with controls). We have three types of joysticks, in which each will perform a specific action:
- The joystick on the left will serve to move our character.
- The rightmost joystick will serve to attack our enemies. If we press the button instead of sliding, it will attack the nearest opponent.
- A little to the left of the attack joystick, we will have the icon of a skull. It is the indicator of our special attack, which we can use when loaded. Its operation is similar to that of the basic attacks, since if you slide you can aim, but if you touch the button it will launch it to the nearest rival.
Most game modes are in 3-on-3 games. We can play alone or with our friends, even create custom games where we can play up to 6 friends. We love the latter, because it is the perfect excuse to meet and play with friends in person, something that is always more fun.
Our character has two key aspects that we must take care of, health points and ammunition:
- If we run out of health points, we will fall defeated and have to wait 3 seconds to return to the battlefield. If we have not attacked or received attacks for a while, we will heal automatically.
- The ammunition allows us to have up to 3 shots that we can launch at the same time. The ammunition recharges itself and every few seconds we will have an additional shot, up to a maximum of 3.
Brawl Stars characters: how to get them and improve them
Brawl Stars has a large cast of characters, which are referred to as Brawlers. Each of them has its own design, with a number of life points and a repertoire of its own attacks. Some Brawlers are specialists in close range combat such as Shelly (the first brawler we receive), while others work better over long distances, such as colt. There are those who can heal allies like Little bit, or with great resistance to attacks, such as The cousin.
Much of the Brawlers we can get them simply by progressing in the game, getting drinks. Every time you win a game you will get drinks, while if you lose, you will lose them. With that progress we will get characters and loot boxes.
Each character has a rank and level, and the more level you have with a character, the better life and damage it will have. To raise the level it is necessary to get strength points for that character. Once we reach the necessary points, we can pay the level rise with coins.
Currency, tokens and transactions
Like any free game, Brawl Stars has a microtransaction system that will help us progress faster or get cosmetic elements, which do not improve the characteristics of the characters. It is possible to get any character and raise it to the maximum level completely free, so that the balance of the game seems appropriate.
Every 2 hours we can get up to 100 chips, which will allow us to access for free to a loot box. In the loot boxes we can get:
- Strength points for the characters we have.
- Random characters with a small probability.
Micropayments do not provide any competitive advantage in the game, nor will they be necessary to continue playing, since you can play all the games you want per day.
The coins will help us buy more strength points in the store, as well as level up our Brawler when we reach the necessary strength points. In addition to coins, the game has gems, a type of currency that we can get paying, which allows us to buy Brawlers, aspects for our Brawler or improvements to get more chips.
Brawl Stars game modes and strategies to follow
The normal thing in this type of competitive games is that there is a unique game mode, but in Brawl Stars they have wanted to add a great variety of game modes, which are alternated. The maps of these game modes also change over time, so a game you play tomorrow could be very different from the one you play today, even if you play the same mode, and with the same character. Some of these modes are:
- Atrapagemas: The first game mode we will meet. In the center of the map will appear gems that we will have to collect, and the first team that gets 10 gems and keeps them 15 seconds will win. When you eliminate an opponent, all his gems fall to the ground.
- Playing with gems is important, and to prevent your opponent from winning, it will be a priority to kill those who have more gems and collect them.
- In the same way, if they finish you, you will lose all the gems. Do not expose yourself to the enemy if you have many gems.
- A good tactic is to let your teammates take the gems and protect them. That way you won't take risks when you fall and you can have more fun.
- Survival: It's a way you can play alone or with a friend. Is a Battle Royale, similar to PUBG or Fortnite, where the last one standing, wins.
- There are some power boxes on the map. Destroying them will make your character more powerful in the game.
- Eliminating your rivals will also give you power, so hiding until there is only one left is not the best strategy to win.
- The robbery: Each team has a safe and must break it before the rival team.
- The priority here is to eliminate the rival's safe at all costs.
- If you are defending your safe, it is more important to leave your critical life rivals instead of ending them, since when they die, they will appear in their safe and can defend it better.
- Starfighter: Each player has a reward in stars, reward that your team receives when finishing it. When the time ends, the team with the most stars will win.
- They all start with 2 stars, which the enemy will get for each elimination.
- When someone ends his rivals, the reward the enemies will receive for killing him is greater. A Brawler can accumulate a reward of up to 7 stars for his head.
- If you get many eliminations, your reward will go up, so it is recommended that you have a style of play as you accumulate a better score.
- The enemy will try to kill the players with the best reward. It is more valuable to try to protect a partner with a good reward than to kill someone who gives us a minor.
Finally, remember that in all maps it is essential that you know how to play with the terrain. The bushes allow us to hide from our rivals whenever we do not attack, and the walls will cover the majority of attacks.
That said, I'm going to keep playing, claiming me on the battlefield.