Samsung has recently confirmed that it has already set a date to sell its first folding mobile, the Samsung Galaxy Fold. It will be in September when it can be purchased in some markets, although it has not been specified in which.
Huawei is also waiting to sell its folding proposal, the Huawei Mate X, although it seems that when it does we will have access to a better than expected mobile.
Richard Yu, the CEO of Huawei's mobile division, has been seen at an airport with a unit from this terminal. What has not been the surprise of those who have seen it when it was not the same as the model presented.
Four cameras instead of three
Although there may be more changes, the biggest difference of this model sighted in China compared to the one officially announced at the beginning of the year is that there are now four cameras in the rear.
When the Mate X was introduced the three sensors were the high-end rule but since then we have seen the Huawei P30 Pro, the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and many more phones with four rear cameras.
We do not know if this new camera will be a ToF, which would be desirable, or if it will be another type of sensor.
New anchor button
In addition to this new camera we see how the button that releases the folding mechanism has been redesigned, with a touch of color and a larger size.
This unit was marked as a testing device and not for sale so it could be a new variant that does not discard the model we already know and whose characteristics were made public in the MWC 2019.
- Processor – Huawei Kirin 980.
- 2 x Cortex A76 at 2.6 GHz.
- 2 x Cortex A76 at 1.92 GHz
- 4 x Cortex A55 at 1.8 GHz.
- Manufacturing process in 7 nm.
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graph: ARM Mali-G76 MP10.
- Size: 8 inches
- Resolution: 2480 x 2200
- Ratio: 8: 7.1
- Rear camera.
- Resolution: –
- Others: Dual tone LED flash.
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual SIM, Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, NFC …
- USB C connector.
- Fingerprint sensor on the side.
- Drums: 4500 mAh with super fast charging of 55 W.
- Dimensions: 5.4 mm thick (11 mm closed).
- Weight: –
- Android version: 9 Pie.
- Manufacturer interface: EMUI 9.