Luckily, almost everyone at least once in a lifetime live the terrible experience of having a virus on their computer. But luckily, there are effective ways to remove malicious content from a Windows PC or laptop.
Then we will help you get rid of that malware that lives on your computer whether you can still use it and have access to the Internet as if you have completely lost control of the device. We also advise you how to protect your PC in the future.
How to remove a virus from your computer or laptop
If your computer seems to work perfectly despite being infected by a virus, you should follow the steps below to remove it. Remember that you should not restart your computer until you have completed each step.
one. Some malicious programs will make it very difficult for you to eliminate. To combat it, you must download, install and use the program RKill.
two. You should also download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows Once this is done, open the program and go to Configuration, followed by Protection Y Analysis in search of rootkits. Go back to the main menu and click on Analyze now.
3. Finally, download and install Malwarebytes ADWcleaner on your computer, open the program and click on Analyze also to find and eliminate the virus.
How to remove a virus in Windows if your computer has stopped working
But what if you can't access your infected computer? In this case you should create a recovery tool from which to boot your computer that does not work. You need to use another computer and an empty CD, DVD or USB.
one. Download the recovery tool Norton Bootable Recovery Tool on this second uninfected computer.
two. If you are going to use a CD or DVD to boot your computer, you should insert it now. Find the file corresponding to the recovery tool, right click on iso and choose Burn Disc Image. Select the disc in question and click on Record.
3. In case you are going to use a USB, you should also download and install the tool Rufus. Connect your USB drive and, under Formatting options, Choose ISO image from the drop-down menu next to Create a boot disk using.
Next, click on the disk drive icon, search for the Norton Boot Recovery Tool file and select NBRT.iso. Then you can click on Start, followed by To accept.
4. Now, insert the bootable CD, DVD or USB that you just created on the infected computer.
5. Restart or turn on the computer again. Instead of letting it boot normally, you will have to access the BIOS settings. To do this you must type a specific key, normally F2, although you will be indicated on the screen.
6. Browse through the BIOS menus until you find the Boot options. Then, select the CD, DVD or USB you have used.
7. Save the changes and exit the BIOS settings. The computer will now restart from a specific unit.
8. If a boot menu appears in the window Welcome to NBRT, give to Boot and follow the instructions on the screen to start the analysis.
9. When the process is complete, you will be presented with a list of the threats found and you will be recommended what steps to follow. Remember that you will not be able to go back so that you ensure that you only eliminate real threats.
10. Once you have selected the real threats, click on Fix and then in okay to confirm the action.
eleven. Finally click on Restart When the process is over.
How to prevent more viruses from entering your Windows computer in the future
Now that you have been able to eliminate the virus that had infected your computer, it is a good time to think about how to protect it for the future. We recommend that you install a antivirus on your computer and make sure you always have it updated.
It is true that Windows 10 comes with a firewall installed, as well as a fairly effective antivirus called Windows Defender. However, in PCWorld Spain we think that an extra layer of protection is not bad.
Other ways to make sure you have a free PC malware is to be very careful: open attachments in emails from senders you know and download software only from official pages or that are reliable.