The tablets Amazon's are surprisingly very affordable and with excellent value for money. Decide which one to buy It may not be easy if you are not sure what you need.
Once you've already decided on a tablet Amazon Fire – be it the Amazon Fire 7, the Amazon Fire HD 8 or another-, you will need to carry out a very easy and fast configuration process, as with any other device such as iPads.
You should, for example, learn how to associate your new tablet with your Amazon account, whether Amazon Prime or not, as well as how to set up your email account and download all those essential apps like YouTube.
Initial configuration of an Amazon Fire tablet
one. The amount of charged battery that comes with the tablet Amazon Fire when shopping should be sufficient for the initial setup process and to install some apps. However, we recommend charging it a bit before starting.
Thus, use the integrated USB cable to fully recharge the device for one or two hours. Then you can turn on the tablet for the first time. Follow the instructions on the screen to choose your language and region of preference.
two. Click Continue to go to the next screen, where you can configure the Wi-Fi network to which you want the device to be connected. To do this, of course, you will need to have the name and password of the router.
3. Then the tablet look for updates of software available and, if so, download and install them on your new Amazon Fire. This will make you tablet have the latest version of the FireOS operating system.
4. Then you can link your device with your Amazon account to be registered. Thus, enter your username and password. Otherwise you will not be able to download apps and games or enjoy any other service of the company.
In addition, connecting to your Amazon account allows you to install applications directly from any web browser with which you have accessed the Amazon website and you have connected with the same account.
Don't worry if you don't currently have an Amazon account. Just give it to the New Amazon button so you can be redirected to another page where you can set up your account from scratch.
5. On the other hand, if you have already associated this account with another tablet Fire, you may have been given the option to configure the new one from a backup. This will allow you to have the apps and settings you had on the other device.
6. On the next screen, you can enable or disable the location and create a backup to Amazon. This last step, in fact, is what allows you to recover all your data from another tablet Fire if you need it.
7. Later you will have the option to establish which family members are going to use this device. Thus, you can create several profiles for each one, although that should be done from your Amazon account.
You can create an individual profile for your son or daughter. These types of accounts have a completely different interface and adapted for minors. Being an adult who can control what they see and what they don't.
8. Finally, you can link your tablet Amazon Fire with other social networks and also purchase other Amazon products such as Audible or Kindle Unlimited audiobooks. It is up to you to decide to try the trial period or ignore the suggestion.
How to use FireOS
The process of setting up a tablet Amazon does not end with these initial steps. You will also find it useful to know how to navigate FireOS, its operating system, and thus make the most of what Amazon Fire can offer you.
one. At the bottom of the screen you will see the typical navigation bar of any Android mobile device. Press <to go back; Or to go to the home screen; and the square icon to change to an app you've used recently.
two. If you slide from the top of the screen down, you can access the quick settings panel where you can adjust the brightness of the screen, change users, activate the airplane mode and access all the settings by tapping on the gear icon.
3. In case you tablet be Alexa compatible, you will have access to a brief tutorial in which you will be explained how it works and you will be asked if you want to activate or deactivate this virtual assistant that works as hands-free.
4. You may also find it useful to verify that the unit used in the Time app is appropriate. Although you have chosen Spain as your country, this does not mean that the Celsius degree is automatically used instead of Fahrenheit.
So, go to that app, activate the location and tap on the corresponding icon in the upper left corner to display the menu, tap on Settings and select the option to use the Celsius degree.
How to set up email on an Amazon Fire tablet
one. Go to the email app built into your tablet and enter your email and password. You can associate any Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo account. Instead, it is not as easy to link Apple accounts as @ me.com or @ icloud.com.
two. If you receive an error message, we recommend that you search the Internet for the configuration required by your mail server. You may have to disable double factor authentication in order to use mail in your tablet
3. You can add more than one account e-mail and access them from the email app that comes with the tablet. You simply need to repeat the previous two steps.
How to set up contacts on an Amazon Fire tablet
one. Once you have configured your email in the tablet, see that contacts are automatically saved to the device as long as, yes, you have them associated with your account e-mail. With Gmail, this process is automatic.
two. If it is not done automatically, you can import the vCard file from your micro SD card. You should check with your mail server to know exactly where these contacts are stored and how to export that file.
3. Finally, access the Contacts app and tap on the icon with three vertical white dots in the upper right corner. Then you can select the Import / Export option, followed by Import from storage.
How to set up the calendar on an Amazon Fire tablet
As in the case of contacts, when you have added your Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook account, your data saved in your calendar will be automatically copied to your new tablet Android Fire, even if you have more than one calendar.
How to download YouTube and the Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire tablet
Although the tablets Fire use an Android-based operating system, interestingly it is not as easy as it might seem to use Google apps on them, such as YouTube, Gmail or Google Chrome.
You must use the default browser to access the Gmail website and access your email. Alternatively, you can set up your Gmail account in the integrated mail app.
On the other hand, it is also possible to access YouTube. You should go to the Appstore and search for youtube in the search section by first touching on the magnifying glass icon that you will find in the right corner. We recommend YouTube.com.