Mail Drop allows us to send files up to 5 GB in size through the Apple cloud. The operation is much simpler than we were doing until now uploading it to a cloud and then sharing in link. Here we show how it works with a practical example, sent a large file from our iPad.
How to send large files with Mail Drop from iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- First of all we have to open the Mail application on our iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Click on New message and we started writing the text that will accompany the attached files.
- Once ready, click on a blank space to access the menu that will allow us to insert the videos or images We want to attach.
- Below are the folders where we have stored the videos or photos we want to send with the mail. We select them and click on Use.
- Click on Mail Drop and the email recipient, You will receive an email with several links, according to the number of files we have sent, to download them directly. These files will be available in iCloud 30 days only. After that time they will be deleted automatically. Keep in mind that files have to be previously uploaded to iCloud, so this process is not instantaneous.
Another faster way and go to the reel to select the videos in question and share it through the Mail application.
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple’s mobile: