contador gratuito Saltar al contenido
Contact : alejandrasalcedo0288@gmail.com

we navigate more with phones and tablets than with computers

Uso de internet de 2009 a 2016

Internet use from 2009 to 2016

Surely many users did not hear about the Post-PC era until Steve Jobs talked about her in 2007, the year the original iPhone was introduced. But the truth is that it is a trend whose name first appeared in 2000 from the hand of MIT scientist David D. Clark. Why do I talk about the Post-PC era now? The answer is that we already surf the web more from mobiles and tablets than from computers.

Before continuing, I would like to make it clear that I think not, that there is still a long time for the Post-PC era to be a reality. Otherwise, what would make the recent launch of the new MacBook Pro? Not to mention everything we can do with a better and faster PC than with a tablet. The only thing that is being talked about here is from a study carried out by the analysis company StatCounter, where they explain to us that, for the first time in history, smartphones and tablets have been used more to consume web content than desktop computers.

Post-PC era on the web: we consume 51.3% of the content from mobile devices

StatCounter data reveals that, of all Internet use, smartphones and tablets took 51.3%, while desktop and laptop computers were left with 48.7%. At the country level, in emerging markets, such as India, more than 75% of web content is consumed from mobile devices. On the other hand, in the United States, 58% of this type of content is consumed from computers, leaving 42% for smartphones and tablets.

Even in developed markets, it is only a matter of time before mobile devices are used more than computers, always talking about the Internet or web content. It is what has the comfort that gives a tablet to find out everything we want to know from the sofa in our living room and without bothering us with a considerable weight or size, right?

The best accessories for your iPhone

Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: