The VLC application for PC and Mac is one of the best we can use to play any content not only video but also via streaming. Before the arrival of Windows 10 to PCs, VLC was the platform used by many users of that operating system to follow Apple's keynote. But nevertheless, its version for iOS does not offer us the same functions that we found in the desktop version, because due to licensing problems, video files with AC3 audio cannot be played in VLC. Well you can play the video but we will not hear anything, which forces us to have to pay for applications that can play this type of audio codec like Infuse Pro.
Leaving aside this great little handicap, VLC also allows us to play content directly from different cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, iCloud Drive but It also allows us to reproduce the content stored on our Plex server. VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including SSA compatibility, multitrack audio and playback speed control, something to be appreciated when image and audio do not go hand in hand.
What's new in version 2.7.4 of VLC
- Small improvements in application performance.
- Added support for 3D Touch technology in the new iPhone models.
- New option that allows us to reproduce all the content stored in OneDrive and in the local networks where we have stored the files that we are playing.
- Automatic subtitle search through HTTP, FTP, PLEX and UPnP.
- Added a filter that will only show files that can be played via FTP
- Performance improvement on SMB connections.
- The filter has been improved to improve the contrast of the video.
- Fixed issues when downloading content via PLEX, FTP and UPnP servers.
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: