"My mobile suddenly turns off". Has this happened to you? Any operating system or electronic device is prone to at least suffer small problems that can cause us more than a shock. In addition, the fierce competition that all manufacturers have can be a cause for precipitation, both when creating new software and hardware. The iPhone is also not 100% free of problems, as a strange one that we can experience in what we see as the iPhone shuts down for no apparent reason.
When an iPhone turns off once and we don't know why, it may have been for anything. An isolated problem is no problem until it happens on more occasions or we have proof that it is happening to more users. If we know that many devices of the same family are suffering from the same problem, we already know that the brand, in this case Apple, has to publish a statement explaining how it intends to fix the problem and if this is due to a failure of hardware or software. But what if we are experiencing this type of failure alone? Logically, if our device is the only one that is suffering a problem, the fault is in our device. Arriving at this conclusion, we have to investigate whether the problem that affects us is hardware or software.
Causes why your iPhone can turn itself off
That an iPhone goes off by itself is not normal, that must be clear. On the other hand, if this happens to us it may not be something serious.
Although we are talking about the iPhone in particular, the truth that all these tips can be applied to all those whose phone suddenly turns off:
- It has run out of battery. It will seem silly, but it is not, especially if we are not looking at the iPhone for a long time. It would not be the first time that we are several hours without looking at a device and when we look again we do it to discover that the phone does not turn on. In these cases we can get scared, since an iPhone that has exhausted all its battery does not usually respond until it has received a little charge.
- It has warmed. Another possibility is that it has taken a lot of temperature, has shown a warning and then has turned off. It is not very normal, but in summer it can be very hot and the iPhone is deactivated to protect its circuitry. This is something that I have seen when I went out with the bike and I had my iPhone inside its case, it has taken heat and I have seen the warning.
- For some software failure. Nor is it usual, but it can happen. Sometimes, an error in iOS can cause the iPhone to restart, which causes us to see Apple's apple. In these cases, it is normal to return to the Springboard, but if the fault does not allow it, it is also possible that the device will turn off completely.
- The battery is badly calibrated.. Which will take us to the next point.
Why does the iPhone turn off having a battery?
Sometimes it can also be turned off when everything seems fine. But if all is well, why does it go out? Logically, because not everything is as good as we thought. Sometimes, an operating system, to put it simply, does not communicate well with the hardware That composes the battery. If the software does not “understand” the information provided by the battery, it will understand that it has a certain percentage that it does not really have. For example, if the iPhone misunderstands that it has a 50% battery when it actually has 20%, when the iPhone software had to mark 30% the battery would actually be completely depleted, so logically will turn off If we realize that this is happening to us, we will have to calibrate the battery, what we will do as follows:
- We use the iPhone until it has no battery left, that is, until it turns off alone. If we get bored, we can always put a video without sound and turn it upside down.
- We leave it off without using it for 6 or 8 hours.
- Finally we connect it to the electricity grid and leave it charging for 6 or 8 more hours. During this time we can use it if we want, but always connected to the power grid.
If you have doubts about this or want to know the benefits of this practice, do not miss our tutorial to learn how to calibrate the iPhone battery.
Calibrate iPhone battery
What to do if your iPhone suddenly turns off
As we mentioned earlier, this is not normal, but it can be easily solved. If our iPhone suddenly turns off, we will do the following in order, to eliminate possibilities:
Plug our iPhone into the charger
If our iPhone has suddenly turned off, the first thing we will logically do is check if it had battery enough. We are likely to try to turn on the iPhone and not get started, but do not have to panic. Something that I have never liked but that is normal, when an iPhone drains all its battery will not respond until it receives a little energy. We can try to turn it on from the on / off button, force a restart or connect it to a power outlet, but it will not respond and we will think that the device is “dead”. But no. If we let it charge for a few minutes, it will soon turn on its own. That does not have a much more serious problem. I have even seen rare cases that I would not know how to explain in which nothing else has been switched on and has marked a 30% battery.
If we connect it to a power outlet and after a maximum of 30 minutes it does not respond, we will go to the next point: Force a restart.
Oh, and if it has run out of battery and you want it to charge as quickly as possible, follow these tips to speed up the iPhone's battery charge.
This is the second step we should take if our iPhone turns off when it shouldn't. People say that force a restart solve up to 80% of those small software bugs that we don't know how to explain. Forcing a restart is a very simple process that has no loss in which it is enough that we press the standby button and the start button at the same time and without releasing either of them until we see the apple of the Apple logo on the screen. Do not think about a certain time, if not keep both buttons until you see the apple. If we release them before seeing the apple we will only be able to force a shutdown, which for this case would not help us, since what we want is to restart the iPhone.
Install the latest version of the operating system
This tip is valid for any electronic device that uses an operating system. If we are experiencing a problem (and we do not maintain an iOS version because of the jailbreak, for example), the most recommended is install the latest software version available. It may seem unimportant advice, but different software updates are released, in addition to adding new features, correcting bugs. Installing the most up-to-date version of an operating system will ensure that, at least, we will use a more polished version that could solve our problem.
The last step before any problem has to be to take it to the technical service. It is not the worst option, but why bother carrying a device to repair if we can solve the problem ourselves? With this in mind, the last step we will perform ourselves is to restore the iPhone. The idea is to make a clean installation It eliminates all possible software problems. The best way to restore an iPhone is from iTunes, so we will do the following:
- We connect the iPhone to our computer with the Lightning (or 30-pin) cable.
- If it hasn't opened automatically, we open iTunes.
- Top left, we select our device.
- In the window on the right, we choose Restore. This will download the entire system from Apple servers and install it on the iPhone.
- When it starts, we set up as a new iPhone. We did not recover any backup, since this could drag the problem we were experiencing and we wanted to eliminate restoring the device.
And for that, you may want to learn how to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Contact Apple technical support
If with a clean restoration follow our battery problems, most likely our iPhone has a hardware problem (physical). If we have reached this point, it is best to contact Apple technical support. If the device is under warranty, they will offer us a solution at no extra cost. If it is not under warranty, we will be charged for the repair, so another possibility is to repair it in an unauthorized service. But watch out for the latter, since the remedy may be worse than the disease.
My iPhone 6s turns off with battery
Unfortunately, you may have a problem recognized by Apple. The good thing that the problem is recognized is that the Cupertino will take care of this problem. Tim Cook and company published the following text acknowledging the ruling:
Apple has determined that a small number of iPhone 6s devices may experience blackouts (battery losses) unexpected. This is not something safe and only affects a certain number of devices with a number serial within the range of devices manufactured between September and October 2015. Your iPhone will be examined with preference and we will determine if it is within the devices affected by these problems.
To know its an iPhone 6s that turns off when it still has enough battery is included in the program of substitution, we have to do the following:
- Open the iPhone Settings and tap General.
- Next, we enter Information.
- We slide down and, in Serial Number, we look for: Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, QC, QD, QF, QG, QH, QJ.
- If the serial number of our iPhone 6s includes the letters above, we can request a change. If not, the problem is not recognized by Apple.
A slow iPhone? Changing the battery could fix it.
Now that we know that we can change the battery of our iPhone 6s for free, what we have to do is go to this website and start the process so that we change the drums. On the same website there is also a text box where we can enter the serial number of our iPhone 6s to check if it has one of these damn batteries. If you have it, Apple will give us the option to schedule an appointment at an Apple Store, at an authorized establishment or send them our device through a carrier that will pay them.
Como know if my iPhone is loading
Knowing if our iPhone is charging is very simple. We will see the following:
- Just connect the cable to a power outlet and the Lightning / 30 pin to the iPhone, we will see an image of a drums in big whose color depends on the load that we still have accompanied by a sound that depends on the version of iOS that we are using.
- If we have missed the animation and the sound of which I speak in the previous point, we can still know otherwise: icon of drums what's up on the right will be acompañada of a ray and it will be this lightning that lets us know that the iPhone is charging.
How to know if my iPhone off is charging
The Iphone does not show any notification when it is loaded when it is off, so the best thing to know is to turn it on. Sad, but it is. Some time ago you could know by pressing the idle button for a little while, which made the caga drawing appear, but it seems that the option has disappeared in some recent iOS update
Another thing we have to keep in mind is what happens when we let the drums of an iOS device is completely over: When connecting the iPhone charging cable we will see the icon of an exhausted battery and a lightning bolt that indicates that we begin to charge the iPhone. Once done, it will take a little while until the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad reacts, which can be 3 or 4 minutes or a little more, depending on each case. While you are receiving this charge, if we press the power button we will see the same image of the spent battery and lightning, so be patient. When you have a minimum battery, it will turn on automatically.
The iPhone restarts constantly
Personally, I don't remember ever having a problem in which my iPhone will constantly restart beyond when I installed some tweak from Cydia That was not very polished. But that doesn't mean it can't happen.
An iPhone that restarts constantly may have a simple software problem, although that would be a bit of luck. I say that it would be a bit of luck because it would be unusual and we could solve this problem, in the worst case, restoring the iPhone, but the most widespread in these cases is a hardware problem battery related.
Apple has not published information about any replacement or repair program related to battery problems that cause an iPhone to constantly restart, so if we are experiencing this failure and in theory, the battery of our iPhone has deteriorated for a reason why those of Cupertino they are not responsible.
Explained this, everything seems to indicate that, in these cases, the iPhone detects a behavior erratic from his drums and reboots, probably, to protect the computer. The good thing is that the iPhone does not spoil more, but the bad thing is the constant reboots. If we experience this problem, it is best to replace the battery of our iPhone, something we can do directly in an Apple Store or by taking our device to an authorized establishment. Another option would be to take it to a third-party facility, but this may be a worse remedy than the disease.
Nobody likes to see how their iPhone suddenly turns off, let alone considering the money we have paid to enjoy one of the best smartphones From the market. It is not usual, but everything can happen. In many cases the problem is solved by calibrating the battery but, if this is not the case, it is best to take it to an Apple Store. Have you fixed your iPhone's battery problems?
We sincerely hope that after the information we have given you, you will never have to complain that my cell phone turns off just suddenly.
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: