iOS 13, iPadOS and tvOS 13 finally they will allow you to play with a PS4 or Xbox One controller. No more having to buy an MFI controller to play on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
You no longer need to jailbreak your iPad to play Asphalt 8 Airbone with a dualshock. With the new updates that will arrive in September, Apple gives us this detail for the most gamers. Below we explain how to do it.
- Press and hold the buttons PS and Share until the front LED starts to flash.
- Enter the bluetooth settings of your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV and look for the DualShock 4 controller.
- Touch and match.
Xbox One controller
- Turn on the remote by pressing the Xbox button.
- Press and hold the connect button from the front for three seconds.
- Enter the configuration of bluetooth from your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV and look for the Xbox Wireless Controller.
- Touch and match.
Once you've already paired it, simply start any game compatible with the MFI controllers and it will work perfectly for you.
Apple hasn't mentioned anything about other popular wireless console controllers like the ones in Nintendo Switch. The problem should not be technical, since everyone uses bluetooth technology, but rather agreements between companies. Given that for a few months now we can see Mario doing his own on Apple devices, it seems very likely that controls can also be used Nintendo.
It was time for Apple to start boosting its devices to play. Although in Cupertino they are reluctant to the issue, the iPhone, iPad and Apple TV They are excellent consoles to play. The powerful chips of the series A of Apple, move with ease high-end games with impressive performance (note that I have not included in the list the iMac…) Hopefully in the coming months the Apple Store will expand its offer with powerful new games. Above all, for Apple TV.
The best accessories for your iPhone
Are you looking for a new case for your iPhone? An accessory for the Apple Watch? Maybe a Bluetooth speaker? Do not miss these offers on accessories and get the most out of Apple's mobile: